Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Halfway Point

This week has been crazy, I can not believe it is the halfway point. I feel like it is going by so fast and before I know it BodyBack is going to be over. Monday was great, I was really nervous about my weigh in, but I lost 2.2 lbs and am officially in the 170's. It has been a very long time since I have been in the 170's so obviously it is very exciting!

Monday's workout was great, we ran about 3.7 miles and watched an amazing sunrise, but today was beyond words. It was very tough for me to get through, we did rounds and then we went to the HILL. THE HILL, it is outrageous. We shuffled up the hill with a partner and ran back down it and then did high knees back up the hill and ran back down, all with a partner. My partner was Cindy, she is quite lovely actually. We have become very good friends and I am so grateful for her because she really has been there when I need her the most. She always pushes me to continue on and tells me that I am doing a good job. She is an amazing mom of two very beautiful little boys. I am so lucky to have friends like her and the other women at SS and BB.

Today's class focused on working with our partners, Kelly wanted to let us know that we are all here for each other and that we all have people who support us and lift us up. At the end of the class while we were winding down, Kelly played a song for us. It just so happened to be one of the songs that Brian and I danced to at our wedding, needless to say I cried immediately. Once the song was over Kelly gave us each letters from our husbands.

The letter was exactly what I needed, I am blessed beyond belief with a supporting, loving, caring husband who would do anything for me and our daughter. I love him more than words can explain and he is one of the main reason I am the person that I am. I could not be the woman, wife and mother I am without his love and support. Today I thought a lot about the time that Brian and I were apart when he spent a year in Afghanistan and months before that in Ft. Bragg NC. I think about the years we were married before we had Kaelyn, the places we went and the things we experienced together. The loved ones we have lost together, the support we were able to give each other during that time. I think about the anniversaries, birthdays and holidays we have shared together. And then I think about the years to come, the days we get to spend with Kaelyn and any other little ones we are blessed with and I can not express how grateful I am to have Brian. The one thing I hope more than anything is that he really knows how much I love and appreciate him. Today I am definitely counting my blessings.

Time to change the subject because I am getting really emotional lol! And back to BodyBack, Kelly did inform us that our workouts are only going to get harder from this point on! I am sure I will be pushing myself to new limits. I am excited to see where we go from here, week 5 here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment