Thursday, September 30, 2010

WEEKLY WEIGH IN


Like I had mentioned before, I follow Weight Watchers. I have done it in the past, so now rather than paying for meetings, I use the sweet app on my phone called WWDiary. I use it to track my daily points and exercise. I decided to start doing Weight Watchers on a Thursday, so therefore my weigh in day is Thursday. I considered changing it to Monday's since I will have BodyBack on Monday morning, but Brian said it really doesn't matter either way. So I am going to stick with Thursday's.

Listed below are my stats-

Keep in mind I am about 5 foot 11 so hopefully my weight wont shock all of you!

March 9th- The day before I gave birth to Kaelyn I weighed 242 lbs!

July 1st- The day I decided I needed to change what I was eating and do Weight Watchers I weighed 211 lbs.

September 30th- Today is my first weigh in before BodyBack and I weighed 185 lbs.

I will continue to update you all on my weight loss every Thursday! If you do the calculation, you will see that since I started Weight Watchers in combination with Stroller Strides I have lost 26 lbs in 3 months, which is awesome and considered a healthy amount of weight to loose in a 3 month period.

Ohh and BTW, I was 186 lbs when I got pregnant with Kaelyn. I am so happy to have officially lost all my "pregnancy weight"!

I know this post is totally contradictory to my "Beautiful" post, but I want people to have a realistic idea of how much weight you can loose on the BodyBack program. I will say this again, I do not have a weight loss goal, because I want to push myself to get as physically fit as I can and I honestly have no idea what that number will be when I get there.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Great Progress and No- It does not contradict your "Beautiful" post.

    I avoid scales at all costs - If I didn't have to step on the scale at the Dcotor's office every 3 months I would NEVER step on one. I ususally avert my eyes and ask not to be told the weight. But my last visit was 5 months after starting Stroller Strides and I was aware, from my clothes and my friends that I had dropped a significant amount of weight. Sine the number on the scale was not as important to me as the number in my pants and in my dress that had been my only answer that what I'd lost - "I went down a dress size." {and that was good enough for me} But curiousity got the best of me and well..... 16 pounds is what I'd lost - less than I weighed when I got pregnant - less than I weighed when I got married - For a girl who has never owned a scale or obsessed over "the number" it was pretty hard not to be thrilled and proud!

    Sometimes the scale is not the enemy and knowing what you're losing is helpful to keep your attitude positive and your motivation going - and I KNOW that Body Back is going to give you MUCH BETTER numbers to track - Your BMI is better than a scale everyday of the week! And keep in mind - MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT!!

    I am so proud of you - For all of the hard work you've put in at SS thus far, for joining the Body Back group and for blogging about this! WTG Jessica! I'm here cheering you on all the way!!
    <3
    Shelbi

    ReplyDelete