Friday, October 1, 2010

GETTING NERVOUS


This weekend probably isn't helping it, but I can honestly say I am getting a little nervous. Kelly (our BB instructor) sent an email today with "BodyBack" details. Pretty much just going over what to expect the first day. At first I was pretty excited, then I realized this weekend is going to fly by and Monday will be here before I know it and I started getting very nervous.

When I start getting nervous and doubting myself, I have to think about how far I have come. When I started Stroller Strides when Kaelyn was 6 weeks old, I could hardly do a jumping jack, let alone push ups. Now, there are times when I go to a Stroller Strides class and do everything at high impact. My fellow Stroller Striders would understand how much of an accomplishment that is. Also, when I started we were outside at Rio Vista Park and the Surprise Park, I couldn't run from one station to the next without stopping 1/2 to 3/4 of the way there to walk the rest of the way. Now I take classes and run (jog) from station to station with ease. I am so proud of myself.

That being said, I did a little research today, because I have been talking about it for a while, and have decided that I am going to do the Arizona Half Marathon Feb 20th 2010. Below you will find a link to the map of the route, yeah, pretty crazy right! I started freaking out a little when I realized we would be going from Goodyear to GLENDALE! But I know I can do it and BodyBack is just going to be an 8 week period of time that is going to get me closer to running my first 1/2 marathon less than a year after giving birth to Kaelyn! AMAZING!

So with that being said, BodyBack- here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment