Sunday, October 10, 2010

5K Race for the Cure




What did I do this morning you ask? I got up at 4:30 AM to go Race for the Cure. It was amazing, spending time with my fellow SS mama's and my beautiful daughter. I have to admit, I was scared before we started and I got some serious butterflies in my stomach when we were standing at the Start line. I worried that my mind would work against me and that I would stop mid run to walk it out :(

Instead, I found a steady pace, well Kaelyn and I found a steady pace as she slept in the stroller the whole time and I thought about all kinds of things. I thought about how grateful I am that God has blessed me with legs that give me the ability to run and arms that can push my daughter in our stroller. I thought about what pain and suffering he went through compared to the pain that I was feeling during my run. I thought about my husband, how strong and motivated he is to succeed and get better at everything he does. I thought about Kaelyn and how I went through many hours of labor with her and that my running pains were nothing compared to that!

I then didnt think anything at all. I felt like I was able to let my mind be free and just run. I didnt care how far away the finish line was and before I knew it I was rounding a corner to see the finish line only a little bit away!

My fellow SS mamas helped cheer me on at the end and I am so grateful for them. They are all so motivating to me, they have multiple babies or just had a baby within the last year, some of them are even pregnant now! What amazing women I was able to spend this morning with.

So today I am proud of myself, but mostly I am grateful for all the blessings that have been given to me whether it be family, friends or just another day to enjoy the sun coming up, the smell of fresh air and the feeling of running and accomplishing things I have never accomplished before!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Isn't it funny? I just finished writing my post about today - See that you have a new one so hop on over to read it and today we had the same thought - My first 5K was only a success because of what I thought about as I ran! Great minds!!

    You did an amazing job today and I was{am} SO PROUD OF YOU!!

    ReplyDelete