Thursday, October 21, 2010

BodyBack Day 6

Let's start with the day before yesterday, once I got the baby to bed, I started youtubing video's about plyometrics because Kelly had fore warned us that we would be doing a plyo class yesterday. Much to my surprise I watched a bunch of UFC guys jumping up and down boxes, doing jump pushups and all kinds of crazy stuff. At that point I was scared to death! Then I watched a few videos of basic plyo and it looked pretty fun! So I started feeling a little bit better and quite a bit more confident that I could potentially do the workout that she had planned.

We got started right away as usually and it was fast paced non-stop jumping! It was one of the most intense cardio workouts I have ever had, it was awesome! After it was over, I went straight home to get ready for Stroller Strides, we started SS a little early yesterday because we were planning on going to the nursing home after class to take the kiddies in their costumes to visit the ol' folks!

On a side note- SS was amazing! It was a cardio class that turned into Kelly coming up with whatever she could off the top of her head because it started raining, it was really coming down at times! It was wonderful, I have lived in AZ my whole life so needless to say when it rains, it is happy time for me!

After class we got the babies all dressed up and headed to the nursing home, it was not until I was literally in the car on the way that I started getting really emotional, thinking about my grandma and how much I miss her, it has only been about 6 months since she passed away very unexpectedly. She had hip replacement surgery that went well and the next day, I spoke to hear and she sounded wonderful, about an hour or so after I talked to her she got up to do physical therapy and collapsed, that was about it.

I know grandma's are grandma's and that they all go eventually, but my grandma Nancy was not just a grandma to me. She was like a mom at times because my dad lived with her for a large portion of my life and when I would visit my dad I would be with her as well. She was very young at heart, she liked dressing up and getting her nails done and wore a lot of the same shoes and jewelry as I do. She had awesome taste! She also loved the fact that people thought we were mother/daughter, I know it was because it made her feel young. :)

My grandma Nancy meant more to me than I could ever explain, she loved me unconditionally and was always proud of me and everything I did. There are not many people in our lives like that, in fact I can count mine on one hand. Even though I wish I could bring her back sometimes so bad it hurts, I know she is in a better place. She was a very faithful woman and loved God with all her heart.

So when Kaelyn and I got to the nursing home it was hard to see all of the people and how they were waiting the days out until they go to their next home. Some of them could barely understand what was going on, their quality of life seemed very minimal. Once we left, I thought about how grateful I am that my grandma never had to live that way, that she was young and youthful and happy up until the day she died.

I wish I could tell my grandma Nancy about BodyBack, I know she would be so proud of me for what I have accomplished and how I am setting a good example for Kaelyn. I know she would tell me to keep up the good work and that all of the hard work will pay off in the end. I know she would call me and ask me how my workouts were going.

Today is her birthday and I am glad I waited to post this until today because I am happy that this post is for her and that I am remembering how amazing she was as a woman, how she may not have been physically strong, but she was a strong woman and never gave up on the people she loved. I hope that I can make Kaelyn feel as loved as she made me feel my whole life.

She was a wonderful woman and I love her with all my heart.

1 comment: