Monday, October 18, 2010

BodyBack Day 5


Today was a good day, I took a day or two off from working out last week and I felt well rested. I am a little disappointed that I didn't do better running yesterday morning because I wanted to do three miles and I will explain more in a bit but it just didn't go well. BUT I have had some serious self control when it comes to my eating, eating healthy and whole foods seems to be second nature to me now.

Everything I eat revolves around the idea of turning things I love into healthier versions. So after talking with my good friend Kellen the other day about what I want to be when I grow up I decided that once this BodyBack blog is done I am going to transition into a blog about what I eat and probably about exercise too! HAHA, sounds a little crazy but I think you would all be very interested in knowing what this crazy person eats and how I keep my calories and fats low yet still get all the nutrition I need. Also, I have a very serious passion for preparing healthy foods for my daughter (on a budget) and I would like to help other moms realize that they can do the same and that a Happy Meal is not their only option.

Anyway, I mentioned that I would be changing my weigh in day to today so at weigh in this morning I lost 3.8 lb's! Yeah, pretty awesome right?! Not only did I loose almost 4 lb's I went shopping in my closet and found that ALL of my clothes fit me, a few of my jeans are a little snug, but for the most part they all fit and some are even too big! The funny thing is, I weigh about 180 right now, that is about 10 lbs larger than I was when I used to wear the same clothes! MUSCLE WEIGHTS MORE THAN FAT! It is so true!

I had 2 awesome workouts today and can see great results from working out and eating healthy and I am so motivated. Yesterday on the other hand, I was not in the mood for going on a run and I had already told my friends who were running the 1/2 that I would run a 5k and think of them. It didn't go so well, I got started and my mind was working against me and I ran about a 1/2 a mile and quit, I literally walked for about 20 minutes and came home, a quitter!

When I got home I felt like poop, I could have pushed myself to get it done but I just didn't have the motivation. Then days like today come where we are reminded of how hard we have worked and how much potential we have, and for me, that is how I get my motivation to keep going. I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to participate in this BodyBack program. It is really helping me remember to push myself and to make healthy decisions when it comes to eating and life in general.

Today was a good day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment