Monday, October 4, 2010

BodyBack Day 1

I should be sleeping right now because I am exhausted, but it seems like every time I get that baby down for a nap, the first thing I do is jump on my laptop. So I mine as well take advantage of the time to tell you a little about the first day.

We got up bright and early (not so bright actually), myself, I got up at 4 am because I wanted to nurse Kaelyn before I left so that she wouldn't wake up hungry and fussy for daddy. Once I got ready we were on our way, there are 2 other gals doing BodyBack who live just around the corner so we are going to carpool, very nice and saves a little money!

First thing first we did out weight, measurements, before pictures, woohoo and then got ready for assessments. We did a few exercises for a minute each to see how many we could do within that time period. Then we did a few exercises for however long we could do them for, once we were done we had to call out "TIME" and then Kelly told us our time and we had to record it on our "Assessment Sheet". I did good for the most part, but I am seriously going to work my butt off so I get way better scores at the end!

After that we all sat down and talked about what BodyBack is all about, how it isn't just about getting in better shape it is about finding motivation as mothers to get through the day and accomplish things we have never accomplished before. After we went over all the materials which include a food diary, a workout video that we are to do on our own and introductions, we had a few minutes left. Kelly took us to the bball courts and we ran sprints, jogged, sprinted, jogged, sprinted, it was about a 5 minute taste of what we have to look forward to for 60 minutes on Wednesday.

I have to admit, it took my breath away, but then again, running always does :( but were going to change that right! That's the whole point.

My feelings after today- nervous about Wednesday, but very excited about what I am going to accomplish over the next 8 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment